Connect with us

Sport

New Footage Shows ‘Real Reason’ For UFC 229 Brawl

UFC 229: Khabib v McGregorNew footage has emerged shedding a whole new light on Khabib Nurmagomedov attacking Conor McGregor’s entourage following his victory at UFC 229 over the weekend.  In what was billed as the biggest fight in the 25-year history of the company, Khabib caught Conor with a strong fist early in the second round sending McGregor to

Published

on

UFC 229: Khabib v McGregor
Khabib Police escortGetty

New footage has emerged shedding a whole new light on Khabib Nurmagomedov attacking Conor McGregor’s entourage following his victory at UFC 229 over the weekend. 

In what was billed as the biggest fight in the 25-year history of the company, Khabib caught Conor with a strong fist early in the second round sending McGregor to the floor.

The fight eventually came to an end in the fourth round when McGregor was forced into submission.

What followed was almost cinematic in its lairiness. Khabib, not so content with winning the scrap, proceeded to jump out of the Octagon and into McGregor’s camp. People from Khabib’s entourage then jumped into the Octagon and swung for McGregor who had been swinging a couple of arms at another member of the Russian’s team.

Today, new video footage has been uploaded to Twitter which shines a pretty revealing light on the big shebang.

Mike Russell wrote:

This vid show’s Khabib’s Dominance MMA managing partner Rizvan Magomedov harassing Dillon Danis who pushes him away as Nurmagomedov notices the skirmish & jumps in to assist. Magomedov who can be seen in other videos scuffling with police trying to break up the brawl was arrested.

So what appeared to be Khabib losing the plot completely and just going for anyone in sight, no quarter, it appears as if he was triggered by Dillon having an altercation with his managing partner beside the Octagon.

Following the furore over the weekend, McGregor has been suspended by the UFC on ‘medical grounds’. As a result he will not be allowed any contact until October 28.

The official line on the UFC list of medical suspensions states: ‘Conor McGregor: Suspended until 6/11/18, no contact until 28/10/18.’

As is often the case in the fallout of a fight, McGregor issued a congratulatory message for his opponent, writing on his Twitter, ‘Good knock. Looking forward to the rematch.’

It was McGregor’s first fight back in the Octagon since a two-year hiatus from MMA, during which time he boxed Floyd Mayweather, losing by TKO in round 10 of their August 2017 bout.

Mystic Mac returned to the UFC in a bid to once again win the lightweight strap. He first took the belt from Eddie Alvarez on November 12, 2016, but was stripped of the title during his absence from competition. Nurmagomedov would eventually become the champion after defeating Al Iaquinta for the vacant belt on April 7, 2018.

McGregor’s opponent Khabib escaped suspension on medical grounds after finishing the fight relatively unscathed and passing post-match medical examinations.

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via stories@unilad.co.uk.

Continue Reading

Sport

‘Direct Rematch’ Between Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Approved By WBC

Fury_webThe World Boxing Council has sanctioned a “direct rematch” between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury. Their fight ended in a highly controversial draw with many questioning the judging panel’s decision, and both have said they want a rematch, while Fury is pushing for it to be in the UK. The WBC released a statement saying there was

Published

on

Fury_web
Getty

The World Boxing Council has sanctioned a “direct rematch” between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.

Their fight ended in a highly controversial draw with many questioning the judging panel’s decision, and both have said they want a rematch, while Fury is pushing for it to be in the UK.

The WBC released a statement saying there was a “unanimous agreement” to sanction a rematch in a meeting of the board of governors.

Getty

It read:

Wilder and Fury gave boxing one of the best fights in the heavyweight division in a long time, which has created tremendous popular demand for the fans to see a rematch.

The WBC is happy to confirm a direct rematch has been approved.

According to BBC Sport, Wilder’s mandatory challenger is Dominic Breazeale but this decision by the WBC clears the way for him to fight Fury again next without being stripped of his belt.

On Saturday (December 1), it had been widely believed Wilder was behind on points, despite knocking the Gypsy King down twice, but the judges were split on the result.

View this post on Instagram

Thanks to the city of #LosAngeles @staplescenterla @showtimeboxing and all the fans around the world that supported this David vs Goliath fight. It was an amazing fight and I wanted nothing but greatness to come from this. The fight lived up to the hype more than ever. When you put the best against the best, exciting things happens. I take nothing away from this fight but we won this fight. To beat the champion you must dominate the champ and to me I was the more aggressive fighter and landed the more affective punches. You saw the best #fury but you did not get the best #Wilder and I still managed to get the job done. This event brought more pressure than I expected, I just wanted the best for Boxing Here in America and Boxing in General In which lead me to get overly anxious to knock his head off so I abandoned the game plan. Did the count start 3-4 sec too late or Was the count too long is the question many Are asking and debating about. The ref #JackReiss is an amazing ref in which I’ve had the pleasure to work with on several occasions and he did a great job and at the end of the day #Boxing wins the #Fans are the real winner and I can’t wait for #WilderFury2 To end the controversial talk around the world once and for all!! Love, Love, love to all my fans! Blessings and see you guys again soon -Champ #BombZquad #AndStill @staplescenterla @showtimeboxing @premierboxing

A post shared by Deontay Wilder (@bronzebomber) on

However, now the American boxer has claimed he broke his arm just 12 weeks before he began training for the fight .

As reported by talkSPORT, Wilder told reporters in LA about the break, explaining that he kept it quiet up until now.

He said:

Twelve weeks before camp I broke my [right] arm. We kept that a secret. I had surgery and everything. All the way up here I got cut.

I was sparring, just getting ready and I was getting the best of my sparring partner. I was going to the body and he turned. His elbow was out. My bones and his elbow went in like a hammer to a nail and it just broke it.

Deontay WilderGetty

Writing on Instagram, the WBC Heavyweight champion said:

It was an amazing fight and I wanted nothing but greatness to come from this. The fight lived up to the hype more than ever. When you put the best against the best, exciting things happens. [sic] I take nothing away from this fight but we won this fight.

To beat the champion you must dominate the champ and to me I was the more aggressive fighter and landed the more affective punches. You saw the best fury but you did not get the best Wilder and I still managed to get the job done.

He added:

The ref #Jack Reiss is an amazing ref in which I’ve had the pleasure to work with on several occasions and he did a great job and at the end of the day boxing wins, the fans are the real winner and I can’t wait for Wilder Fury 2.

To end the controversial talk around the world once and for all!

So, it’s on!

If you have a story you’d like to share, send it to stories@unilad.co.uk.

Continue Reading

Sport

Deontay Wilder Tweets ‘Proof’ He Beat Tyson Fury In Controversial Draw

TYSON WEBBoxer Deontay Wilder has released footage he claims is ‘proof’ he beat Tyson Fury in last weekend’s fight which ended in a controversial draw. Wilder, well known by his nickname the Bronze Bomber, took to Twitter earlier today (December 5) to share a video he alleges proves Fury didn’t make the vital 10 second count

Published

on

TYSON WEB
tyson fury deontay wilderGetty

Boxer Deontay Wilder has released footage he claims is ‘proof’ he beat Tyson Fury in last weekend’s fight which ended in a controversial draw.

Wilder, well known by his nickname the Bronze Bomber, took to Twitter earlier today (December 5) to share a video he alleges proves Fury didn’t make the vital 10 second count when the American knocked him down in the fight’s final round.

Despite Fury completely dominating the early rounds, in both the ninth and 12th rounds he was knocked down costing him the victory as the judges determined the fight a draw.

Naturally both boxers feel angry over the result but Wilder has taken it a step further by sharing the footage which he uses to back his claim the fight should have been stopped in that crucial final round.

The video, which Wilder credited to ‘realboxingtalk101’, is captioned ‘proof Fury didn’t make the count’.

In the footage, Wilder can be seen knocking Fury down with a ten second countdown starting as soon as the fighter hits the ground.

When the clock hits 10 seconds, Fury can be seen still on his knees as he attempts to get up with the referee cowering over him doing the count.

Check it out here:

Wilder also angrily wrote alongside the video:

And still keep the vids coming for The Sick MFs That hate I won, The Blind MFs that can’t face reality and the MFs that just don’t want to see US Succeed.

While some did support Wilder in the comments, the majority dismissed this proof saying it is about time the fighter acknowledges the draw and gets to work training for the inevitable rematch.

Deontay Wilder v Tyson FuryGetty

This follows Wilder saying earlier in the week he broke his arm during early stages of his training for the hotly anticipated fight.

As reported by talkSPORT, the American boxer told reporters in LA he broke his arm 12 weeks before his serious training having to undergo surgery.

He said:

Twelve weeks before camp I broke my [right] arm. We kept that a secret. I had surgery and everything. All the way up here I got cut.

I was sparring, just getting ready and I was getting the best of my sparring partner. I was going to the body and he turned. His elbow was out. My bones and his elbow went in like a hammer to a nail and it just broke it.

He added the reason he kept it quiet until now is that he did not the injury to be seen as an excuse and still doesn’t.

deontay wilderGetty

With fans expecting a rematch, Wilder confirmed this is exactly what he wants too saying he ‘can’t wait’ to fight Fury again in an Instagram post.

He also praised the referee adding:

The ref Jack Reiss is an amazing ref in which I’ve had the pleasure to work with on several occasions and he did a great job and at the end of the day boxing wins, the fans are the real winner and I can’t wait for Wilder Fury 2 to end the controversial talk around the world once and for all!

View this post on Instagram

Thanks to the city of #LosAngeles @staplescenterla @showtimeboxing and all the fans around the world that supported this David vs Goliath fight. It was an amazing fight and I wanted nothing but greatness to come from this. The fight lived up to the hype more than ever. When you put the best against the best, exciting things happens. I take nothing away from this fight but we won this fight. To beat the champion you must dominate the champ and to me I was the more aggressive fighter and landed the more affective punches. You saw the best #fury but you did not get the best #Wilder and I still managed to get the job done. This event brought more pressure than I expected, I just wanted the best for Boxing Here in America and Boxing in General In which lead me to get overly anxious to knock his head off so I abandoned the game plan. Did the count start 3-4 sec too late or Was the count too long is the question many Are asking and debating about. The ref #JackReiss is an amazing ref in which I’ve had the pleasure to work with on several occasions and he did a great job and at the end of the day #Boxing wins the #Fans are the real winner and I can’t wait for #WilderFury2 To end the controversial talk around the world once and for all!! Love, Love, love to all my fans! Blessings and see you guys again soon -Champ #BombZquad #AndStill @staplescenterla @showtimeboxing @premierboxing

A post shared by Deontay Wilder (@bronzebomber) on

So keep your eyes out boxing fans for more details on the potential rematch!

If you have a story you want to tell, send it to stories@unilad.co.uk.

Continue Reading

News

Beijing Is Trying To Get Rid Of Bad Translations Before 2022 Winter Olympics

Chinglish AThe rich variety of languages on our planet is one of the most fascinating aspects of human communication, with the study of languages providing an unparalleled insight into other cultures.

Published

on

Chinglish A
Beijing try to get rid of all poorly translated signs.Qianlong

The rich variety of languages on our planet is one of the most fascinating aspects of human communication, with the study of languages providing an unparalleled insight into other cultures.

However, all too often the finer nuances of language get tangled up in translation; making for some alarming – and often rib-tickling – linguistic stink bombs.

Beijing’s foreign affairs office has been clamping down on woefully mistranslated signs over the past year in preparation for the 2022 Winter Olympics.

Determined to rid the capital of bilingual balderdash, a new English translation standard came into effect on December 1, 2017. A website was then established in April 2018 which encouraged residents to report any gaff-worthy signs.

After all, who wants to visit a city where ‘explosive dogs’ roam the streets and where toilet cubicles are ‘for weak only’?

Despite the chuckles these daft signs bring tourists, Beijing’s foreign affairs office are seriously concerned with how they could tarnish China’s image when they find themselves on the world stage during the 2022 Winter Olympics.

This new standard has been implemented by China’s Standardization Administration and General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, improving English translations within 13 public arenas, such as entertainment, medicine, transportation, and financial services.

According to the People’s Daily, modern English translations will prioritise correct grammar, steering away from using rare turns of phrase and unusual vocabulary.

There has also been a clamp down on words which could be read as discriminatory or offensive. For example, one sign for the Park of Ethnic Minorities was wrongly translated as ‘Racist Park’, bringing extremely negative connotations for the park.

The new standard has cut down on English being overused in the public sector, with sample translations given for reference. Direct translation has been warned against, as have translations which could damages the image of China or of other countries.

Of course, visitors to Beijing could well be surprised at a sign which enthusiastically proclaims ‘No clean environment, no beautiful view!’ Or indeed, a rather disquieting sign which begs, ‘Don’t hurt me for your pretty!’

Since the new translation came into effect, Beijing’s foreign affairs office claim they have screened over two million Chinese characters on bilingual signs; ensuring a much more accurate English translation.

Bad translation banned in ChinaQianlong
China bans bad translationQianlong
Bad translation banned in Beijing.Qianlong
Beijing bans bad translation.Qianlong
China cracks down on bad translation.Qianlong

As reported by Sixth Tone, director of the Standardization Administration Tian Shihong spoke about how higher quality translations could improve China’s image within the international community:

Through developing and implementing this language standard, we want to boost our cultural soft power and international image.

Linguistics professor at Beijing Foreign Studies University, told Sixth Tone:

When terms are used widely enough, they are gradually accepted,

The [new] standards regulate language with inaccurate connotations, and such regulations facilitate international communication and exchange.

China puts a stop to bad translation.Qianlong
China cracks down on poor translation.Qianlong
China to English TranslationQianlong

All eyes will be on Beijing in 2022, but I can’t help but think some people will miss the cheeky character these signs once brought to the city.

Thank you for the memories, poorly translated signs. You will always have a place in the hearts of those of us with a silly sense of humour.

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via stories@unilad.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.