TOTTENHAM welcome struggling Bournemouth to Wembley on Saturday looking for a third straight Premier League win.
But their excellent recent form has so far been confined to away games with Mauricio Pochettino’s men yet to win a league game at Wembley.
In Harry Kane they have one of the world’s most inform strikers, with the forward netting 15 times in his last 13 games.
Bournemouth travel here winless on the road and have got off to a poor start, second bottom of the league and struggling at both ends of the field.
What time is kick-off?
THIS one takes place on Saturday October 14 at Wembley Stadium.
Kick-off is at 3pm.
Which channel can I watch it on?
SADLY this game isn’t being broadcast live in the UK.
But you can stay with us right here on SunSport and follow our dedicated Premier League blog from 2pm.
What is the team news?
- Tottenham have yet to lose to Bournemouth in league competition, winning three and drawing one of their four Premier League meetings to date, while netting 12 goals in the process (six by Harry Kane).
- Bournemouth’s only competitive victory over Tottenham came in an FA Cup clash in 1956-57, with the Cherries progressing from their 5th round match (3-1).
- Bournemouth’s only previous trip to Wembley was in April 1998 in the Football League Trophy final against Grimsby – they lost 2-1 in extra-time, with Eddie Howe playing the full 120 minutes for the Cherries.
- Spurs have failed to win their opening three home league games of the season for the first time since 2008-09 (they failed to win their first four at home in 2008-09).
- If Spurs fail to win this match then they'll become the first team in Football League history to win each of their opening four away games in a league season but fail to win any of their opening four home matches.
- Since they were promoted to the top-flight in 2015, Bournemouth (42) have dropped more points from winning positions than any other Premier League team.
- Harry Kane has had 22 shots (with seven on target) in home Premier League games this season without finding the net. In comparison. Kane has also had 22 shots with nine on target and found the net six times away from home.
- Kane’s last 13 Premier League goals have all come away from home, a joint-record Premier League run of consecutive scoring without scoring in a home game along with Ryan Giggs, who scored 13 goals in a row away from home between May 2001 - February 2003, before ending his run in April 2003 against Liverpool at Old Trafford.
- The only other player to score as many as six Premier League goals in his first four away games of a season but score none in his first four at home was Alan Shearer in 1993-94.
- Harry Kane has scored 36 competitive goals in 2017 from 147 shots, compared to Bournemouth netting 36 times from 371 shots overall.
- No defender has provided more Premier League assists than Kieran Trippier (8) since August 2016, with six of those eight assists resulting in Harry Kane goals.
- Jermain Defoe has averaged a goal every 798 minutes versus Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League, his worst ratio against all the 36 sides that he’s scored against in the competition.
MOST READ IN FOOTBALL
Who’s on The One Show tonight? Gunpowder’s Kit Harington joins Ricky Wilson and London Underground’s busking license winner is revealed
GAME of Thrones hunk Kit Harington has earned a veritable Dothraki horde of admirers, who will be delighted to find out he’s gracing The One Show tonight. But what will the talented star be chatting about, and who else will be appearing? Here’s all you need to know. Who is on The One Show tonight? […]
GAME of Thrones hunk Kit Harington has earned a veritable Dothraki horde of admirers, who will be delighted to find out he’s gracing The One Show tonight.
But what will the talented star be chatting about, and who else will be appearing? Here’s all you need to know.
Who is on The One Show tonight?
In the show the 30-year-old plays ringleader Robert Catesby who, incredibly, he is descended from.
And that’s not Kit’s only noteworthy kin – he recently got engaged to fellow Thrones star Rose Leslie, and an eagle-eyed fan discovered that they are distantly related, sharing King Charles II as an ancestor.
Also appearing on the show are four buskers, who will find out live on air whether they have successfully obtained London Underground busking licences.
When is The One Show on and who is hosting?
Tonight’s episode of The One Show will kick off, as always, on BBC One at 7pm, lasting half an hour.
Each night the presenters mix interviews with an array of celebrity guests with an eclectic mix of topics ranging from current affairs to pop culture.
If you’ve missed one, and would like to catch up, the episodes are available on demand on BBC iPlayer.
Can I be in The One Show audience?
Unfortunately, the One Show is not listed among the BBC shows you can apply for tickets for.
So viewers will just have to get their fix from their sofas.
However, to be in with a chance of watching programmes from A Question of Sport to Just a Minute being made visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/.
How long has The One Show been running?
The magazine style show has been running for over a decade. The first episode was aired on August 14 2006.
Chris Evans oversaw the Friday night hour-long episodes from 2010 to 2015.
The likes of Dermot O’Leary, Phil Tufnell, Zoe Ball and Fearne Cotton are among the guest presenters who have stood in for the regular duos.
WHO ELSE HAS BEEN ON THE ONE SHOW?
F1 US Grand Prix start time: Live stream, TV channel, time, and race info for Circuit of the Americas
F1 heads to Texas for the US Grand Prix as we could have a new world champion by the end of the weekend. Lewis Hamilton has the chance to wrap up the Drivers’ Championship as Mercedes are also on the verge of winning the Constructors’ Championshop. When is the US Grand Prix? On Friday, October […]
F1 heads to Texas for the US Grand Prix as we could have a new world champion by the end of the weekend.
Lewis Hamilton has the chance to wrap up the Drivers’ Championship as Mercedes are also on the verge of winning the Constructors’ Championshop.
When is the US Grand Prix?
On Friday, October 20, the first practice session takes place at 4pm and then second practice begins at 8pm.
On Saturday, the third and final practice session is at 5pm ahead of qualifying, which starts at 10pm.
And then the race begins at 8pm on Sunday.
TOP DOG How can Lewis Hamilton become F1 champion and how can Mercedes win the constructors’ championship at the US Grand Prix?
Where is the US Grand Prix held and how many laps is it?
The US Grand Prix takes place at the Circuit of the Americas.
The circuit is 3.4 miles long and consists of 56 laps.
The first grand prix on this track took place in 2012.
Most read in sport
What TV channel is the Japanese Grand Prix on?
The US Grand Prix, and all of the practice and qualifying rounds will be shown live on Sky Sports Formula One.
For full details on which races are on Channel 4 this year – CLICK HERE.
Last time Watford won at Stamford Bridge, Hornets chief Sir Elton John was married… to a woman
HERE’S something to get your head around. The last time Watford won at Stamford Bridge the club’s saviour and life president, Sir Elton John, was married… to a woman. The clubs meet on Saturday in west London with some optimistic Watford fans suggesting there is an outside chance of history repeating itself. Yep, you have […]
HERE’S something to get your head around.
The last time Watford won at Stamford Bridge the club’s saviour and life president, Sir Elton John, was married… to a woman.
The clubs meet on Saturday in west London with some optimistic Watford fans suggesting there is an outside chance of history repeating itself.
Yep, you have to go back to 1986 for the Hornets’ last victory – a magnificent 5-1 triumph.
But there is hope on the horizon, not least in the fact that Marco Silva’s men have won 10 points from a possible 12 away from home this term (W3, D1, L0).
Chelsea’s problems are mounting, too. The injuries are piling up and they’ve lost three of their eight matches.
No team since the dawning of time (that’s the 1992/93 season, by the way) has ever lost this many games at this stage and gone on to win the Premier League crown.
Boss Antonio Conte is under severe pressure.
Blues technical director Michael Emenalo, the man in charge of player recruitment, was called to a post-match meeting after Wednesday’s 3-3 Champions League draw with Roma.
He did not arrive home until nearly 3am on Thursday.
But back to 1986 and Watford's famous victory over Chelsea when Sir Elton was married to Renate.
It was a Division One game watched by just 12,017 fans on the final day of the season.
Leslie Fridge made his one and only appearance for Chelsea, while John McNaught and Gordon Durie made their debuts.
Paul Canoville made his final appearance.
But it is surely asking too much them to go to Stamford Bridge and do the same.
SUNSPORT PREDICTION: Chelsea 2, Watford 0
MOST READ IN FOOTBALL
Christmas 20174 weeks ago
John Lewis has unveiled the top 10 toys for Christmas 2017… and they could just break the bank
News1 month ago
ISIS fanatic German girl, 16, may still face execution in Iraq as PM warns ‘teens are still accountable for killing innocent people’
Health1 month ago
Women will cry six times a month on average – TWICE as much as men
Bizarre3 weeks ago
Bromans star Brandon Myers challenges Love Island’s Chris Hughes to penis competition saying his nine-and-a-half member is bigger
Boxing4 weeks ago
Boxing legend Frank Bruno, 55, forced to sell luxury house after travellers next door ‘tap into his water supply’
Celebrity1 month ago
Who is Nermina Pieters-Mekic? New star of Real Housewives of Cheshire and wife of Stoke City ace Erik
Money1 month ago
We reveal our guide to organising a kids birthday bash without busting your budget — plus, get a free fiver from our rewards club
News1 month ago
Pablo Escobar’s ex-hitman brother claims HE owns the rights to the word ‘Narcos’ – as he warns producers to hire his former henchmen as security