A FIVE-year-old Christian girl fostered by a Muslim family may be returned to her carers.
The white English-speaking child was sent to live with a foster family by Tower Hamlets council in East London.
The family court today heard the child, who cannot be named for legal reasons, may be returned to the foster care system – despite a judge returning her to her gran[/caption]
But allegations emerged that the girl was forced to learn Arabic, the family wore burqas and confiscated her crucifix necklace.
The family court today heard the child, who cannot be named for legal reasons, may be returned to the foster care system – despite a judge returning her to her gran.
The girl is said to miss her foster carers.
Judge Khatun Sapnara said: “[There are] suggestions for example that the maternal grandmother herself is dismissive of those concerns and is very upset by them and in fact has a warm relationship with one of the foster carers, as does the child.
“With the child expressing a view to wanting to see that foster carer and saying she misses the foster carer and a child in the same placement.”
She said the girl is dual-nationality and her grandparents hoped to move abroad.
But if this falls through, she may be sent back to the care system.
Speaking to the the mum’s solicitor, Brian Jubb, the judge said: ‘The mother in her statement says she wishes for the child to remain in this country.
“I can’t force them [the child’s grandparents] to remain here and they don’t want to remain here.
“In those circumstances, is the mother saying the child should return to [the country] with the grandparents, or she would prefer the child to remain in long term foster care in this country?”
A further hearing was scheduled for November 3.
Most read in news
Heartbroken woman’s screams after neighbour shot her pet pit bull because it ran into his house and ‘came at him’
THIS heartbreaking video shows the moment a woman found out her pet pit bull had been shot dead by a neighbour after apparently running into their house. The woman, who has not been named, can be seen bursting into tears as she holds the dog and wails: “That is my baby! That is my baby!” […]
THIS heartbreaking video shows the moment a woman found out her pet pit bull had been shot dead by a neighbour after apparently running into their house.
The woman, who has not been named, can be seen bursting into tears as she holds the dog and wails: “That is my baby! That is my baby!”
A man off-camera can been heard saying: “I had to, he came in the house, he came after me, I’m sorry.”
But the woman argues that the animal, thought to be named Zeus, was “harmless” and had approached the house “with his tail wagging”.
She yells: “You had no reason to shoot him!”
A woman out of the shot is heard saying: “It came to my house and I am very afraid of dogs.”
The owner cries: “You’re going to jail for this,” as she runs over to her dog, who is lying on the front lawn, and begs for someone to call an ambulance.
“He’s still alive, dad,” she shouts to one of the men standing on the porch, who appears to be apologising to the homeowners.
The woman later admits her dog must have slipped off its chain while she was at work before she marches off screaming that the police are on their way.
The footage was uploaded to YouTube last year with the caption: “My dad killed a pitbull with his glock”.
Another clip from the same user was put online the next day and titled: “Part two of my dad killing a pit bull”.
It’s not clear where the footage was filmed, however the people in the video have American accents.
People in the comments section were torn over the situation, as many sided with the homeowner.
MOST READ IN NEWS
One said: “Why he apologising? Vicious dog came to his private property and he has all rights to protect himself and his family.”
Another said: “A responsible owner wouldn’t have their dog running loose especially if it’s a pit bull”.
But a woman defending the pet owner asked: “Wouldn’t it have been quicker to close the door than search for a gun to shoot the dog?”
Builders’ fury after Hammond threatens to seize land from ‘hoarder’ developers
HOUSEBUILDERS have hit back at claims they are hoarding land for profit after Philip Hammond warned he would seize plots of lands if they are not built on. The Chancellor unveiled an inquiry into accusations of land banking as part of his Budget-pledge to ensure more homes are built. This move prompted outrage from builders […]
HOUSEBUILDERS have hit back at claims they are hoarding land for profit after Philip Hammond warned he would seize plots of lands if they are not built on.
The Chancellor unveiled an inquiry into accusations of land banking as part of his Budget-pledge to ensure more homes are built.
This move prompted outrage from builders who insist the planning system needs to be reformed.
Stewart Baseley, executive chairman of the Home Builders Federation, said: “As has been proved by numerous independent investigations in the past, housebuilders do not land bank.
“Housebuilders have nothing to fear from a review of land banking and if it identifies non-housebuilders sitting on land and brings that forward for development, it would be a positive move.
“Any review should also focus on why so many plots that some suggest are in a ‘land bank’ are mired in the planning system, and identify ways to process them more quickly so they can be built.”
Philip Hammond has pledged to seize developers empty land if they refuse to build houses on it[/caption]
Between 2006 and 2015, planning permission was given for 2,035,835 homes but just 1,261,350 were built.
Campaigners have accused fat-cat firms of hoarding the land just to push up house prices – pricing needy families out of somewhere to buy.
The urgent review, led by former minister Sir Oliver Letwin, was one of a series of shake-ups ordered by the Chancellor yesterday to speed up building in the housing crisis.
Mr Hammond pledged to increase the number of homes built to 300,000 annually, in what he said will be “the biggest annual increase in housing supply since 1970”.
He also promised to increase the housing sector’s financial support by £15.3billion over the next five years, taking the total to over £44billion.
This figure will include £1.2billion earmarked for the Government to buy land to build more homes, and £2.7billion for infrastructure supporting housing.
Planning rules will also be reformed to encourage better use of land in cities and towns, while also protecting the green belt.
In overcrowded London alone, there are 270,000 residential planning permissions currently unbuilt, Mr Hammond said.
He told MPs of the review: “If it finds that vitally needed land is being withheld from the market for commercial reasons, we will intervene, using direct intervention compulsory purchase powers as necessary.”
He also insisted Theresa May’s vow at Tory conference to make the crisis top priority will be fulfilled.
Mr Hammond said: “The Prime Minister has said we will fix this problem. And no one should doubt this Government’s determination.”
Ministers will also draw up plans to build five new “garden towns” in areas where the demand for homes is greatest, delivered by public- private partnerships attracting cash from around the world.
The proposals include the construction of a million new houses between the university cities of Oxford and Cambridge and the new town of Milton Keynes.
The Chancellor also set up a new mega quango to deliver on his housing blueprint by expanding the Homes and Communities Agency and turning it into Homes England.
The strong body will help councils enforce the Government’s yearly housing target by 2025 by “bringing together money, expertise, and planning powers”, he said.
MOST READ IN POLITICS
But Mr Hammond faced criticism his housing package ducked away from major solutions.
One was Mrs May’s refusal to look again at building on green belt. Changes only apply to land in towns.
Shelter chief Polly Neate said: “The new 300,000 housing supply target is an important commitment which we welcome.”
Young woman dies after ‘falling out of a second-storey window while taking a selfie’ in London
A YOUNG woman has died after reportedly falling out of a second storey window while trying to take a selfie. But the “beautiful” Toni Kelly gave the final gift of life after her organs were donated to help save other lives in the UK, with friends saying she had been on life support for a […]
A YOUNG woman has died after reportedly falling out of a second storey window while trying to take a selfie.
But the “beautiful” Toni Kelly gave the final gift of life after her organs were donated to help save other lives in the UK, with friends saying she had been on life support for a week before she tragically passed away.
Unconfirmed reports from the Daily Mail suggested that the young woman had been trying to take a photo of herself, but this has not been confirmed by her family or authorities.
The young woman is understood to have only moved to Britain this year, with her family now raising funds to bring her body home after the “tragic accident”.
In the tribute fundraising page for Toni, friends said: “Toni was a young, happy and beautiful girl who has had a tragic accident while living overseas in London.
“Unfortunately Toni has sadly passed away due to her injuries. In her death Toni’s organs have been donated to help save other lives in the UK.”
Friends have since paid tribute to the young woman, with her family, of Whangarei, on New Zealand’s north island, having rushed to London to be by her side.
A friend wrote: “This is the most emotional draining and distressing time for any family to go through.”
Grieving sister Stacey also shared a photograph of herself with Toni, with the caption simply reading: “Always”.
MOST READ IN NEWS
Friend Paige Hourigan told Daily Mail Australia how Toni was “a beautiful girl”.
She said: “I remember just laughing and giggling with her all the time about nothing. She was a beautiful girl that will definitely always be remembered, especially for that smile.”
Others wrote tributes to the young woman, with one saying: “Words aren’t enough to express our sadness for all of you. Dearest thoughts are with you all.”
Bizarre2 months ago
Bromans star Brandon Myers challenges Love Island’s Chris Hughes to penis competition saying his nine-and-a-half member is bigger
Christmas 20172 months ago
John Lewis has unveiled the top 10 toys for Christmas 2017… and they could just break the bank
Celebrity2 months ago
Who is Nermina Pieters-Mekic? New star of Real Housewives of Cheshire and wife of Stoke City ace Erik
News2 months ago
ISIS fanatic German girl, 16, may still face execution in Iraq as PM warns ‘teens are still accountable for killing innocent people’
Health2 months ago
Women will cry six times a month on average – TWICE as much as men
Bizarre1 month ago
Ex-Strictly stunner Ola Jordan sizzles in red swimsuit on holiday with husband James in Greece
Celebrity2 months ago
Who is Rachel Lugo? Real Housewives of Cheshire star and property pro – what you need to know
Money2 months ago
We reveal our guide to organising a kids birthday bash without busting your budget — plus, get a free fiver from our rewards club